How Can I Stop My Hair From Falling Out After Pregnancy
If you experience postpartum hair loss, it may be completely impossible to avoid hair loss altogether, but there are ways that you can support stress levels and hair health to reduce shedding. Start by giving it some time, and by acknowledging all that your body is going through and how powerful you are! You just birthed a baby!
Homeopathic Remedies For Hair Loss
1. Fluoric acid : This medicine treats well when a person is suffering from vertex baldness, weak hair, and Idiopathic hair loss.
2. Phosphoric acid : Phosphoric acid cures the progressive thinning of hair, which has caused because of lot of stress and grief. It also stops early greying of hair.
3. Phosphorus : When you see that handful of hair comes into your hands while combing, or you are facing hair loss due to some hemorrhagic disorder, Phosphorus can help you out better. It will also cure the problem of dry and itchy scalp.
4. Graphites : This homeopathic remedy treats the troubles of hair fall, caused by menopause and constipation. Graphites cure patchy baldness and hair fall on sides.
5. Mezereum : Mezereum is also a great choice when you are losing handful of strands, and you are afflicted with itchy and dry scalp, and dandruff.
6. : Sepia treats the hair loss, which is caused by menopause or after giving birth to a child.
7. Silica : Frontal hair loss, early greying and baldness at a young age are the main symptoms that are purged with Silica.
The various other medicines to treat hair loss are Natrum mur, Psorinum, Selenium, Medorrhinum, Lachesis, Merc sol, Lycopodium, Kali carb, and Borax.
Lavender Oil For Hair Loss
Why Does It Work?
Lavender is one of the most popular essential oils. Its use ranges from treating various ailments to aromatherapy. Lavender oil balances the production of natural oils on the scalp and helps in the regrowth of hair.
The anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties of Lavender help in fighting dandruff and other scalp infections. Lavender also has sedative effects that help you calm down and reduces stress.
How to Use It?
You should massage your scalp with a mixture of lavender essential oil and a carrier oil regularly to get optimum results. Apply this to your scalp and leave it for at least half an hour. You can even leave it overnight and wash your hair in the morning.
How Much to Use?
You can mix around four to five drops of the essential oil with a tablespoon of carrier oil, such as coconut or olive oil.
Don’t Miss: How To Stop Hair Loss With Hashimoto Disease
What Are Some Tips For Dealing With Hair Loss In Women
There are some things you can do on your own. You might check with your stylist or try some of these:
- Coloring your hair adds volume to the strands, making your hair seem fuller.
- Massaging your head, like when you are washing your hair, can stimulate blood flow to the scalp and hair follicles.
- Getting your hair cut shorter, and having layers added, can make your hair seem fuller.
- Using the right kind of shampoo can also help. Look for a shampoo that adds volume without using sulfate detergents.
- Using the right kind of product at the right time can also help. There are products that add volume that you add while your hair is still wet. However, using too much product can add weight.
What Are The Types Of Hair Loss
There are three: anagen effluvium, telogen effluvium and FPHL.
- Anagen effluvium: This is caused by medications that poison a growing hair follicle .
- Telogen effluvium: This is caused by an increased number of hair follicles reaching the telogen phase, which is the stage where hair falls out.
- Androgenetic alopecia/female pattern alopecia/female pattern hair loss /baldness: This type is the most common. Hair thins over the top of the head and on the sides.
Also Check: How To Stop Seasonal Hair Loss
Stop Hair Loss Caused By Thyroid Naturally With These 6 Tips
If youre a thyroid patient, you know it can bring with it a whole lot of issues, including hair loss. Thats because thyroid is a condition that occurs when your thyroid gland either doesnt produce enough hormones or produces hormones in large amounts. Some of its major symptoms include fatigue, dry skin, weight gain, constipation, and hair fall.
Remember these symptoms, including hair loss, can be reversed once your thyroid levels come back to normal. But what is the connection between your thyroid hormone and hair loss? And how do you know if thyroid is the cause for your hair loss? Well, we know you have many questions, and were here to answer all of them.
First of all, well tell you how to identify if your hair loss is triggered by thyroid. Heres how you can:
- Thyroid generally causes hair loss across your scalp
- You may also notice thinning of hair on your eyebrows
- Thyroid hair loss can develop slowly and leave bald spots
- Hair may grow but for a short period of time, and may begin to fall early
- Your hair may seem thinner all over.
Now, its time to find out how you can stop hair loss caused by thyroid:
1. Monitor the intake of iron in your diet
2. Apply essential oils
Its not that essential oils will magically help you to produce thyroid hormones, but they can certainly improve the symptoms of thyroid. Essential oils are known to enhance hair growth, therefore these oils can help you tackle the problem better!
3. Add anti-inflammatory foods
Apply The Fenugreek Paste
Fenugreek is one of the most amazing remedies used to stop hair loss and enhance hair growth. These seeds are rich in antecedents that stimulate the process of hair growth. Also, they are rich in proteins and nicotinic. Here is the way to use it:
- Soak some fenugreek seeds overnight. Next morning, grind them to a fine paste.
- Now, apply the paste on your scalp and leave for 40 minutes.
- Rinse in the morning with normal water. Do it daily for best results.
Recommended Reading: What’s A Good Shampoo For Thinning Hair
Have Protein Rich Foods
Proteins are very good for hair and skin because both are made up of protein. So, if you dont eat protein rich food, you will soon start up with hair problems. Protein deficiency can also lead to hair loss. Some of the protein rich food item are milk, cheese, yoghurt, lentils, seafood such as salmon, white meat, poultry, eggs, beans, and soya. Read foods high in protein.
Types And Causes Of Hair Loss
There are three types of hair loss, including:
- Anagen effluvium, caused by poisoning of the hair follicle by medications like chemotherapy.
- Telogen effluvium occurs when an increasing number of hair follicles reach this phase, so the hair falls out.
- Female pattern alopecia generally results in thinning hair on the top and sides of the head. It can affect approximately one-third of susceptible women or 30 million women in the U.S. and is typically caused by aging and menopause or family genes.
Besides the reasons discussed above, many other common factors contribute to hair loss. These include extreme stress, illness, or nutrient deficiency. A diagnostic blood test can help rule out these causes.
Don’t Miss: When Does Postpartum Hair Loss Begin
Leech Therapy For Baldness
Ayurveda employs an alternative medicine therapy involving the usage of leeches to suck blood on the scalp, thus improving circulation. This helps to cover the bald spots with fresh hair growth .
This technique should only be administered by a trained professional. Consult your local alternative medicine specialist to know more details about this procedure.
What Are The Myths About Hair Loss
Myths about hair loss are widespread. Nothing in the following list is true:
- Youre losing hair because you shampoo it too much, or because youve colored it or gotten a perm.
- Dandruff causes permanent hair loss in women.
- Stress causes permanent hair loss in women.
- If you shave your head, your hair will grow back twice as thick.
- If you stand on your head youll increase circulation, stimulating hair growth.
- If you brush your hair 100 strokes a day that will make your hair healthier.
- Hats and wigs cause hair loss in women.
- Hair loss only affects intellectual women.
Also Check: Can Lice Cause Hair Loss
How Much Hair Loss In Normal
Normally, we all lose some hair each day while we comb the hair. So, its very normal condition to see some hair gets off your scalp while you brush your hair. We loss about 80-100 strands of hair daily and its absolutely normal. In this case, you dont have to worry at all. Just try to continue having a stress free lifestyle including healthy and balanced diet.
Take proper care, when you notice an abnormal loss of hair that you should start taking steps to stop this problem. There are many reasons that cause hair loss. For an example hormonal changes, unhealthy lifestyle, junk food deficiency of vitamins and minerals, stress, depression, some kind of hard medication, thyroid problems,. Whatever the causes, you should try to stop hair loss naturally. Home remedies are free from side effects and it also solves the problem from its root.
Comb Your Hair Properly
It is very important to comb your hair properly to stop hair loss. It is always suggested to use combs with wide tooth. When your hair gets tangled, they need special care from you. Always avoid the comb with small teeth. Wider the teeth easier it gets to detangle your hair. It will protect your hair from falling while you comb your hair. This way you will also protect your hair from further damage.
Don’t Miss: Can You Use Hair Extensions On Thinning Hair
Supplements For Supple Hair
You can make sure youre getting your nutrients in with a whole-food diet of colorful fruits and veggies . But, you can also consider taking a multivitamin specially designed for hair, skin, and nail health.
Getting your vitamins and minerals is crucial for healthy hair. The most important nutrients for hair growth include:
- vitamin A
How To Get Rid Of Hair Fall
Although various hair fall treatments are widely available, you can easily get rid of hair fall and other hair problems without paying huge sums of money. Yes, thats right. There are various home remedies for dandruff and hair fall that are simple, cheap and effective as well.
And to help you out with it, we have compiled a list of the best hair fall remedies that will not only help you get rid of hair fall, but it would also leave you with strong and healthy hair.
Read Also: How To Fix Thinning Hair Naturally
Flaxseeds To Stop Hair Loss
Flaxseeds are also very effective at treating hair related problems. It is well-recognized for making hair stronger and healthier.Flaxseeds contain omega-3 fatty acids in it. This ingredient helps in fighting the hair loss by preventing the hair from further damage. It even promotes the hair growth.
What you can do is eat one table-spoon of grounded flaxseeds with a glass of water. Consume it in the morning and make sure that the seeds are freshly grounded. You may even add flaxseeds in soups, salads, and to your dishes. You can also apply flaxseed oil on your scalp to stop hair loss naturally.
Q Is A Hair Plant Advisable In Case Of Balding
A. Having a natural mop of hair post hair transplant is not something that happens instantly. It takes around 6 months for the roots to take. Along with this, there are complications associated with the recovery period. Its best to consult a trichologist regarding this as only after a full check-up you can understand whether this procedure is needed or not.
Don’t Miss: Does Too Much Vitamin D Cause Hair Loss
Treatment For Hair Loss
Most hair loss does not need treatment and is either:
- temporary and it’ll grow back
- a normal part of getting older
Hair loss caused by a medical condition usually stops or grows back once you’ve recovered.
There are things you can try if your hair loss is causing you distress. But most treatments are not available on the NHS, so you’ll have to pay for them.
No treatment is 100% effective.
Drink Plenty Of Water
If your roots are dry and week then they are more prone to damage. It is very important to keep them moisturized. To keep your roots moisturized, keep drinking water. Drink as much water as you can in order to avoid the problem of hair loss. Drink 3 liters of water a day and you will be able to prevent hair loss easily. It also helps with the growth of hair. Drinking water helps you get glowing skin and is important for weight loss as well.
Water is the natural healer for human body system. It can cure the most chronic and acute disease or a problem drastically. In fact many problems arise because of less consumption of water. Water helps to remove the harmful toxin out of our body, which in result helps to clean the body internally and keep the body fit and healthy.
Also Check: Does Keeps Hair Loss Treatment Work
Final Thoughts On Natural Treatments For Thinning Hair
I hope you find these natural treatments for thinning hair to be effective. Remember that change wont happen overnight and consistency with natural treatments for thinning hair are key to optimal results.
If youre a woman experiencing hair thinning, hair loss experts recommend getting tested for thyroid problems and hormone imbalances as a good starting place. If you can get to a fixable cause of your hair thinning, the great news is that hair will often grow back and continue growing at a healthy rate once the underlying cause of your hair thinning is addressed. If youre a man or woman and youre afraid that its all just genetics, dont throw in the towel. While a family history might not be in your favor, you can still do a lot through your diet and lifestyle to slow down hair thinning and preserve your mane for as long as possible.
With a consistent, patient approach, natural treatments for thinning hair can help your scalp get back to work growing your hair as it should as often as it should or, at the least, help to to thin out at a slower pace. I know hair thinning is not easy to deal with, but I encourage you to give natural treatments for hair thinning a try and not put vanity before health because the conventional options can cause seriously alarming health issues that are a lot more concerning and damaging than a thinning head of hair.