Protein Reconstructor Hair Mask
Some types of damaged hair, particularly chemically damaged hair, require protein treatments in addition to moisturising treatments. HairLust formulated Protein Reconstructor Hair Mask for this hair type. Thanks to its rich content of protein, this strengthening hair mask helps to rebuild the structure of compromised hair strands. For best results, use one to three times per month and use Anti-Frizz & Hydration Pre-Shampoo Hair Balm to imbue hair with moisture in between protein treatments.
Protein Reconstructor Mask
Follow This Healthy Hair Lifestyle Checklist
- Avoid excess stress.
- Stimulate the circulation to your scalp with a daily finger massage. Also take handfuls of hair and gentle move the scalp to and fro, and side to side, to loosen tension and promote blood flow.
- Use a shampoo containing green tea caffeine which blocks DHT production and stimulates hair growth. Caffeine also reduces smooth muscle constriction around hair follicles to improve blood flow and nutrient delivery.
- Ask your doctor if you need any tests to assess your thyroid function, to measure your serum ferritin levels to look for iron deficiency, or if any other hormone imbalances are likely.
Take Vitamins To Prevent Hair Loss
You can use as many products as you like on your hair, but healthy, strong hair is only really possible if you’re taking the right vitamins and minerals. One of the main reasons I feel that my thin, fine hair has truly thickened is because of Viviscal Maximum Strength Tablets. Viviscal contains biotin, zinc, and niacin which help to keep hair full and healthy.
You can buy a load of vitamins and minerals from your local supermarket very cheaply, and this should have the same effect. I personally prefer to use Viviscal because the vitamins are targeted to accelerate hair growth. Tons of models swear by this product, and you may see the added bonus of thicker eyelashes and eyebrows!
Also Check: Can Kidney Problems Cause Hair Loss
Integration Hairpiece These Are Great For Short To Long Thinning/balding Hair On The Crown And Sides Of The Head You Clip On And Then Weave Your Hair Into The Hairpiece
I wore anintegration hairpiecefor awhile but didnt feel that it was right for me, at least not for right now.
Pros: Very natural-looking, lightweight and cool to wear
Cons: Clips can be uncomfortable after wearing a while
Pros: Easy to get these vitamins from eating healthy food and taking a high-quality Multi-Vitamin. Plus, great for overall health too.
Cons: This could take time for new hair to grow, with no guarantee there will be new hair growth.
DIY dry shampoo
My original thought for trying DIY dry shampoo was, that since dry shampoo has color in it, that my scalp would then have color on it.
This way, it would deflect light off my scalp and cover up my bald spot, and it worked!
After applying the DIY dry shampoo to my bald spot, it concealed it, and I am soo happy with the results!!!
How to make DIY Dry Shampoo:
- 4 Tbsp. Arrowroot Powder dry shampoo blends are built around a base of organic arrowroot powder, a super lightweight starch that becomes pretty much invisible once applied.
- 1 to 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder gives the dry shampoo the color. This combination is good for light to med. blond hair, or med. to dark brown hair.
- Mix in a mixing bowl and store in a4oz mason jar.
Your hair color will determine how much cocoa powder to use.
Two Pro Tips Before We Finish:
- Chose the Right Hair Thickening Product by any means. You may notice that there are both expensive versions and cheap versions of these hair care products. We want you to always stick to good quality hair products.
- Natural Vs. Home Remedies: Stick to the Right One Its not all the time that non-household products are crap. Of course, there are some good quality products to use. But as long as youre getting the desired benefits from organic processes, we will discourage you to do so.
You still reading, right? Thanks for going through the whole post, where weve tried to break down the things on how to thicken your hair naturally. In case you need any further assistance, leave a comment below, and we will be back.
Good luck to you and your thicker hair!
You May Like: Can Estrogen Supplements Help With Hair Loss
Pick A Thickening Shampoo And Conditioner
If you don’t want to try expensive extensions or experiment with supplements, there’s always the tried-and-true method of volumizing: opting for a thickening or volumizing shampoo and conditioner. “I prefer to go with the work-with-what-you-have approach by using hair products and styling tools to create volume, thickness, and texture,” says Devin Toth, celebrity stylist at Salon SCK in New York City.
“Shampoos and conditioners labeled volumizing or thickening usually contain fewer conditioning ingredients, so they dont weigh hair down, explains GH Beauty Lab Chemist Danusia Wnek. Theyre a good foundation for styling products the GH Beauty Lab recommends using the matching shampoo and conditioner set for best results, as they are formulated to work together.
What Are The Best Hairstyles For Very Thin Hair
I have very thin hair. No, I have VERY VERY thin hair, so the majority of hairstyles seen on the Internet dont fit me. What to do? Can you suggest really working haircuts and hairstyles for super thin hair? Or it is hopeless?
Quite often, some women have to put up with fine and thin hair that can be caused by both heredity and acquired problems. Although these two characteristics may seem quite similar, there is a difference between fine and thin hair, which is important to understand when choosing the right hairstyle or cut.
Fine hair means that each individual strand is small in diameter its too soft, has a lack of volume and quickly loses its shape.
Thin hair means that there are fewer follicles on the head, and, if its not fixed properly, the scalp can be seen in some places.
The first wake-up call is that you cant style your hair and you realize that there is no previous density: it seems that the hair has become finer. And in fact, it has become thinner.
Possible Causes of Very Thin Hair
Very thin hair may be caused by:
- bad habits, such as smoking and alcohol
- unhealthy diet
- very thin hair after giving birth postpartum changes in hormone levels
- mechanical damage
- internal diseases that exhaust the body and deprive strands of vitality
- very thin hair after chemo, certain medications, etc.
Does Thin Hair Mean Balding?
Recommended Reading: Is Hair Loss A Sign Of Pregnancy
How To Get Thicker Hair: Comb Carefully
If you want to learn how to get thicker hair, combing carefully is key. Hair is at its most fragile when its wet, so you must detangle carefully to prevent breakage from occurring. Always start at the ends of your hair, and gently work your way towards the roots.
Any wide-tooth comb will do, but using Detangle Wet Brush will really help you to achieve your hair goals. Why? Because this brush is specially designed to detangle delicate wet hair without breakage, thanks to its soft silicone bristles that slip easily through tangles. Plus, it has an ergonomic design which means its easy to grip and use.
Detangle Wet Brush, Rose
Shop Nowditch Hot Tools
We know it can be hard to break up with your hair dryer or flat iron. But if you truly want healthier hair, start writing that breakup text. Keeping hot tool use at a minimum will lessen hair damage, Balding says. It will make a huge difference. She stresses that if you cannot stay away from your favorite hot tools , its crucial to use a heat-protectant spray, like the Cutler Protectant Treatment Spray, and a hot tool brand that regulates heat and temperature evenly, like the T3 SinglePass Flat Iron. We also love the Dyson Airwrap, a styling tool-and-dryer hybrid that uses air and minimal heat to dry and curl hair.
Don’t Miss: What Shampoo For Thinning Hair
How To Make Your Hair Thicker Through Diet
One of the easiest ways to thicken hair is through diet and supplements. Vitamin deficiency affects our scalp and the hair condition, says Ohta. If you are concerned, you should ask for a blood test to see what is lacking within your body, and speak to your doctor for advice.
Otherwise, its best to look for multivitamins packed with keratin, the amino-acid L-lysine, soya protein, iron and vitamins B12 and D3. All of these help to contribute to your hairs thickness.
For a good general multivitamin, try Lumity Morning and Evening Female Supplement Starter Kit. Or theres Hairburst and Klorane, which are great for specific hair concerns, while Mama Mio Pregnancy Gummies are a suitable option for pregnant women.
Nutritionist Moon Bedeaux recommends biotin. When it comes to hair growth and improving its condition, my secret weapon has to be biotin. Its the hair, skin and nail strengthening vitamin. I recommend taking this in a minimum 5,000 MCG liquid form daily in order to get the most recognisable results. I like to use Life-flo. Or opt for routine biotin vitamin injections I like Get A Drip.
Bedeaux goes on: However, if you suffer from acne prone skin proceed with caution as it may trigger this. Food sources which are rich in biotin are egg yolks, legumes, liver and nuts and seeds, which shouldn’t trigger breakouts as the amount contained isnt so concentrated.
How A Subtle Highlight Can Add Dimension
3. Get highlights. This may sound counterintuitive with thin hair, but hear me out. Im not saying to go crazy and fry your hair with all over highlight, but getting a beautiful Balayage from a stylist who is gentle and experienced with thin hair can do wonders. Highlighted hair causes the cuticle to get slightly roughed up. This gives the hair some texture and volume, creating the illusion of fuller and thicker hair. You will also notice your hair should hold curls and styles longer with a few highlights in there.
Recommended Reading: What Vitamin Is Good For Hair Thinning
How To Make Your Hair Thicker
- Try to identify and eliminate the cause of your hair loss.
- Drink more water and increase your intake of protein, Omega 3, and vitamin C.
- Select a haircut and hairstyle that will make your thin hair appear thicker.
- Use shampoos that are designed for thinning hair.
- Consider hair regrowth treatments and transplants if no other thickening methods work.
Getting The Right Cut
You May Like: What Does Stress Hair Loss Look Like
Have A Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Platelet rich plasma is a treatment that involves drawing your blood to separate the plasma from the red blood cells and then injecting this platelet-rich material back into your scalp.
PRP is used to treat a variety of medical conditions, and theres recent interest in using it to treat hair loss and spur new hair growth.
However, experts still dont know exactly how PRP works to initiate hair growth. Theoretically, it may work due to being a source of growth factors, particularly IGF-1.
Due to the lack of research on PRP to treat hair loss, there isnt a standardized protocol that every dermatologist uses. It likely wont be covered under insurance, as its considered an aesthetic procedure.
The expert recommendation is 3 to 4 treatments with 4 to 6 weeks in between each session, with top-up treatments every 6 to 9 months as needed.
How Having The Right Haircut Can Make Thin Hair Look Thicker
1. Get the right haircut. Unfortunately, if you have thin hair youre pretty limited to the types of cuts you can get. The best haircuts for thin hair are blunt, short, and long square layers. If the hair is texturized too much or given too many layers this will cause the hair to look even thinner. When our eyes see a straight line our brains automatically think weight and structure. Creating that blunt, strong line around the perimeter of the hair will give the appearance of thicker, stronger hair.
Read Also: Can Low Thyroid Cause Hair Loss
Dandruff And Contact Dermatitis
Irritated scalp or the scientific term Contact Dermatitis is also one of the reason for hair loss. Dandruff can also lead to thinning hair as the dandruff clog healthy hair follicles.
Dandruff can be caused by irritated, oily skin, contact dermatitis from exposure to certain hair products, a yeastlike fungus and not shampooing your hair often enough. When your scalp is irritated and you scratch at it too much, this can also result in hair loss, according to Francesa Fusco, M.D., as told to Self.com. Luckily, hair loss caused by dandruff is easy to cure with shampoos that contain zinc pyrithione.
Try Massaging Your Scalp
Healthy circulation can nourish the hair follicles in the scalp where hair growth begins, and massage is an easy, excellent way to rev up circulation. Treat yourself to regular scalp massages to stimulate blood flow into those follicles and plump up your fine, thin hair. Simply work a few drops of a lightweight hair treatment oil into your fingertips and rub all over your scalp in a circular motion for a few minutes before you shampoo.
Also Check: Does Copaxone Cause Hair Loss