The Best Hair Extensions For Thin Fine Hair:
Fortunately, hair extensions have become a bit of a fashion staple in recent years so is a fantastic option for people with thin, fine hair. Much like makeup, hair extensions have become a popular hair accessory to enhance the natural beauty of your hair and not in any way used to cover or hide your delicate locks. According to recent research, roughly 35% of women use hair extensions on a regular basis and a whopping 93% are considering using them. They are a convenient and fashionable way to add natural-looking volume to your hair without having to style it using chemical-filled products and heat
The instant thickness hair extensions can provide however is dependent on finding the right type of hair extensions for thin, fine hair.
Wash Your Hair Carefully And Fewer Times A Week
Treat your thinning hair with care when you wash it. Even if you shower daily, you dont necessarily need to wash your hair every day.
When you do wash it, use a shampoo thats gentle on your scalp and doesnt dry out your hair.
You should always condition your hair after washing it as well. Conditioner provides a protective barrier on your hair that keeps it from breaking or splitting.
While washing your hair doesnt cause hair loss, how you clean and care for your hair may help strengthen and protect it.
The American Academy of Dermatology recommends focusing shampoo on your scalp, and conditioner on only the ends of your hair. This is important, because conditioner throughout your hair can make fine hair appear limp.
If youre experiencing hair thinning, changing up your hairstyle may help its appearance. Be sure to also treat your thinning hair gently when you style it. This will prevent unwanted hair from falling out too fast.
Follow these tips for gentle styling:
- Make sure not to tug or pull your hair, especially when its wet.
- Avoid blow-drying your hair for too long, and keep the heat setting low.
- Try styling your hair with a wider comb that wont pull out hair when you use it.
- Use pomade or a texture spray to give your hair a thicker appearance.
- Let your hair air dry instead of brushing or combing for increased volume.
- Consider trying a new hairstyle if your hair thickness has changed. A stylist can recommend a flattering cut, usually with layers to appear thicker.
A Crash Course On How To Make Thin Hair Look And Grow Thicker Naturally
Its unfair when you are not blessed with thick, luscious hair . However, it is even more frustrating when you were born with thick and long hair but stress, medical conditions, age, pollution or other factors leave you with seriously thin and flat hair. Then, there are other reasons like vigorous hairstyling, poor diet, chemical hair treatments and overuse of heat tools that contribute to the loss of your precious locks. Annoying, isnt it? But whatever the reason for your limp and thin hair, the question is how to make thin hair thicker and salvage the situation.
Does this question haunt you too? Dont worry. Whether your hair texture is naturally thin or your adequately thick hair has become thinner, courtesy of the above mentioned reasons, you can still make your thin hair thicker and that too, naturally. Thats right! Since we get a lot of queries on a daily basis asking how to make thin hair thicker, we decided to curate a list of all the natural ways that promise a thicker mane in this article. Let us show you how to make thin hair thicker naturally and fast. Take a look at five effective ways to get enviably thick and voluminous hair.
You May Like: Is Stress Hair Loss Permanent
What Does Long Thick Hair Mean
Before you can learn how to make your hair thicker, we have to talk about what it means to have thick hair. Thick hair describes the density of hair, rather than the diametre of the individual hair strands. Hair with a wide diametre is called coarse, while hair with a small diametre. Thus, its possible to have hair that is fine and thick, or coarse and thin.
Some people dont need to worry about how to get thicker hair because of their genetics. Health also plays a big factor in the thickness and length of your hair. For example, if you are experiencing a common cause of hair loss like androgenetic alopecia or telogen effluvium, your hair thickness and length will be affected. So if you do have hair loss, the first step is to talk to your GP to find out the cause. Your doctor can also give you some pointers on how to make your hair thicker.
Other factors, like what you eat and how you care for your hair, can also play a big role in the thickness and length of your hair. The good news? Since hair thickness is often determined by nutrition and how you care for your hair, you can help your hair follicles to grow long, thick hair by improving your haircare habits and taking a hair growth supplement like Hair Growth Formula Gummies. All you need to do is learn how to get thicker hair!
Fortunately, just read on to learn how to get thicker hair!
Recommended Reading: What Is Good To Stop Hair Loss
Why Is My Hair Thinning Anyways
If thinning hair has been a huge concern of yours for quite some time and it is coupled with other health issues, it is best to see your physician to rule out hormone imbalances, nutritional deficiencies, and other conditions which need to be addressed. It is common for both men and women to experience thinning and baldness in their lifetime.
Read Also: Does Vitamin D Help With Hair Loss
How To Get Thicker Hair In One Month Henna Leaves
Applying henna leaves is another simple way to promote thicker hair naturally at home as well. Henna leaf is the most common, well-known herbal remedy for beauty in India. It is obtained from Lawsonia Inermis leaf with anti-fungal properties and red-orange dye, giving human hair a healthy and natural appearance. Henna leaf is not just used to cover gray hair, but it can strengthen your hair, giving it shiny and voluminous look.
Henna leaf would give your hair a natural, rich color and make it softer, thicker, and less prone to breakage.
- Grind some fresh henna leaves with a sufficient amount of water to create a fine paste. Allow it to stay for 2 hours and then use it to apply onto your hair. Use a shower cap to cover your hair. After 2 3 hours, shampoo your hair thoroughly to wash your hair.
- Another choice is to combine enough water in powdered henna to create a paste with a yogurt-like consistency. Instead of pure water, you could also use green tea to condition your hair well. Let the henna paste to stay still overnight. The following day, add to this mixture with 1 raw egg and 2 tsps. of lemon juice. Use the mixture to apply onto your hair and let it stay till it completely dries. Last, shampoo your hair and wash it off.
Note: Ensure to wear your gloves when you use henna and apply the paste directly with a hair brush to avoid staining.
Keep Your Hair And Scalp Healthy
This seems like a given, but getting great-looking hair is nearly impossible when you’re constantly damaging it. “If women want thicker-looking hair, they should minimize the use of heat styling tools and refrain from using too much conditioner in the shower,” Toth advises. Taking precautions like using heat protectant spray and not over-washing your hair can help it look thicker and stronger over time, too, by minimizing breakage and hair loss. And lay off the tight hairstyles, too!
Also Check: How Much Daily Hair Loss Is Normal
Add Hair Thickening Products To Your Regimen
Starting your style with volumizing or thickening styling products can go a long way toward making your hair look fuller, fast. Here are a few to try:
- Leave-in thickening and volumizing products, likesprays, mousses, serums, and gels are used on and left in damp hair and provide more fullness boost compared to shampoos and conditioners. They coat hair to make it feel thicker and give it grip to help you manipulate strands into a voluminous look, Wnek explains. For best results, distribute the product from roots to ends to fully coat strands.
- Root lifting spray. “Hair flat to the head always looks thinner than hair that is lifted at the root,” Penna explains. “Women can use a root lifter to give their hair bounce and volume right at the start of the hair shaft.”
- Dry shampoo can also give you an instant boost of volume. Dry shampoo often contains powders like starches and minerals to increase the friction between strands and absorb oil, which creates volume, Wnek says. Revive limp or flat stands anytime by spritzing dry shampoo under sections of hair at the roots, then lightly brushing through.
Hair Breaks Easiest When Its Wet
2. Be very gentle with your hair when it is wet. Thin hair is very delicate naturally, but add water to it and it becomes even more fragile. When any hair type encounters water it becomes stretchy. When we yank a brush through wet tangled hair all we are doing is stretching and breaking our hair. A great tip to avoid this is to spray the hair with a light leave-in conditioner . Do not brush the hair! Take your blow dryer and lightly dry your hair from root to ends and gently run your fingers through it. The hair untangles as it drys and you are not ripping your hair with a brush. When it is about 80% dry section off and style with a professional round brush designed to reduce frizz.
Also Check: How To Wash Thinning Hair
Don’t Wash Your Hair Too Often
Try to wash your hair less frequently. I usually manage to only wash my hair twice a week. This allows the natural oils to condition your hair and keeps breakage to a minimum.
Since your hair is thin, it probably becomes greasy as well. Washing your hair too often will only encourage your scalp to produce even more oil, thus making it greasy faster. Having said that, also try to not let your hair become too greasy. I find if my fine, thin hair is too dirty, it starts shedding more than usual. So, it’s all about keeping some balance. Try this process for washing your hair:
Why Biotin May Prevent Hair Loss
Biotin, a B vitamin, is another essential nutrient that is known to prevent thinning hair. Biotin improves the body’s natural keratin structure, which is an essential component of the nails, hair, and skin. Although research is limited on the efficacy of biotin for hair thinning and hair loss, many specialists encourage biotin supplementation as well as biotin-rich shampoos and treatments. According to Everydayhealth.com, biotin also occurs naturally in the following foods:
- Egg yolks
Don’t Miss: Does Biotin Help Menopausal Hair Loss
Choose The Right Shampoo And Conditioner
Thin hair is delicate and more prone to breakage and damage than thicker hair. The right shampoo and conditioner can promote better hair health, shine, and manageability. If you have thin hair, avoid shampoos and conditioners that contain sulfates. While sulfate does a great job of cleaning hair, it also can strip the hair and scalp of natural oils and can make hair brittle and prone to breakage.
If you want to quickly plump up hair, look for shampoos and conditioners that are sulfate-free and have volumizing or thickening properties. Shampoos that contain ingredients like biotin, keratin, cellulose, hyaluronic acid, and Vitamin B can help your hair get stronger from the inside, while also making your tresses shiny looking with lots of volume.
We like the light conditioning polymers in TRESemmé Thick & Full Shampoo and Thick & Full Conditioner, which are specifically tailored for fine and thin hair. The system also has glycerol that binds water and hair proteins to plump strands and encourage volume!
Heres How To Get Thicker Fuller Hair
The days of thick, full hair á la shampoo commercials may feel like theyre long gone as we grow older but it doesnt have to be that way. Below, a couple of experts answer your most pressing questions on achieving fuller, thicker hair starting with: Is it even possible to get fuller hair?
Keep reading to learn the answers, plus get expert-approved tricks for making your hair look and feel thicker and fuller.
Also Check: Is It Safe To Color Thinning Hair
Also Check: Does Genvoya Cause Hair Loss
How To Get Thicker Hair: Pump Up The Volume
This tip doesnt technically help you learn how to make your hair thicker, but the way you style your hair can make your hair look thicker. While hair is still damp, mist the roots with Scalp Follicle Treatment & Volumizer. This thickening product boosts hair volume at the roots, plus it treats the scalp with organic mint oil. With regular use, mint oil can help to naturally encourage hair growth for long, thick hair. Allow hair to air dry, or mist with Hair Finishing Spray and blow-dry with a round brush for extra volume.
Scalp Follicle Treatment & Volumizer
Check out the tutorial video below to see how easy it is use Scalp Follicle Treatment & Volumizer:
Take Collagen And B Vitamins Regularly For Thicker Hair
My absolute favorite recommendation for thickening fine hair is to incorporate collagen into your diet regularly. I use the Neocell Super Collagen powder . In the beginning, I started this regimen for my skin but was thrilled to see my hair looking a lot fuller and bouncier after about 78 weeks of use. My hair also grew by a good two extra inches with this product. Other vitamins for excellent hair health include mainly B vitamins. Brewers Yeast is therefore a sensible and cheap option as it contains B1 , B2 , B3 , B5 , B6 , B9 and B7 .
The regular intake of collagen and B vitamins has been shown to support and increase the body’s hair-building proteins. Although I would highly recommend collagen intake, make sure it is not in any way replacing a normal, healthy diet. Collagen will work much better when combined with a diet rich in vitamins, minerals, and proteins!
Thinning hair and balding can occur for a variety of reasons and is not just hereditary.
Read Also: Does Conditioner Cause Hair Loss