How To Use Geranium Oil
Geranium essential oil can be diluted with a carrier oil, such as sesame oil, and used topically on the skin. You can use it as a spot treatment for acne or itchy skin, or as a massage oil.
Some carrier oils may cause an allergic reaction when applied to the skin. Prior to using, do a patch test on a small area to make sure it doesnt cause a reaction.
When diluting essential oils with a carrier oil, its important to follow these dilution guidelines. For adults, start by mixing 15 drops of essential oil per 6 teaspoons of carrier oil. This will equal a 2.5 percent dilution. For children, 3 to 6 drops of essential oil per 6 teaspoons of carrier oil is a safe amount.
As an aromatherapy treatment, you can dab geranium oil on paper towels, or on cloth you dont mind staining. You can also place it in a room diffuser, to scent a large space. There are also personal-use diffusers, such as aroma inhaler sticks, that you can fill with oil and breathe in on-the-go.
Essential oils should never be swallowed.
Indulge In A Coconut Oil Hair Treatment
Organic coconut oil has a laundry list of benefits, and hair health is one of the top on the list. Coconut oil prevents breakage, moisturizes dry hair, is rich in nutrients, and boosts blood circulation. The oil can penetrate hair follicles and moisturize it from the outside in, even preventing it from further heat damage with extended use. Increased scalp circulation means that additional nutrients and oxygen go to the hair follicles and promote growth.
- Purchase extra virgin, raw, or organic oil.
- When the oil is at room temperature, take a few dime-sized amounts and massage into separated sections of your hair from the root to the tips.
- Afterwards, spend 3-5 minutes massaging your scalp.
- Finally, cover your entire head with a shower cap or plastic bag. For a deeper conditioning, leave overnight.
- When you wake up, rinse it out with sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner.
Ways To Restore Hair Loss For Curly Hair
Image Source: @mzbiancarenee
When it comes to the reasons why women suffer from hair loss, there is no one simple answers. For some women, its hereditary. Sometimes the profound hormonal shifts that transpire during pregnancy and/or menopause can play a significant role. Sometimes its due to a medical condition while other times, it has something to do aging. Even stress can be a major culprit. And while there are medications that you can take or apply to your hair and medical treatments that are available too, if your hair loss doesnt seem major , but you do seem to be shedding more hair than usual, something that you might want to try are DIY all-natural remedies. Not only are they cost-effective but, if you apply them consistently, you might be pleasantly surprised by the kind of results that you get.
So, are you ready to get onto the path of more hair growth and healthy tresses while youre at it?
Don’t Miss: How To Help Hair Loss
Stages Of Hair Growth In Men
Hair growth might seem like a one way process but it comprises different stages of hair regrowth for men. These stages are likely to vary from individual to individual. Lets understand the three stages of hair growth cycle –
- AnagenThe first stage of hair regrowth for men naturally is Anagen, that’s the growing phase. In this active phase, cells divide and push the hair to come out. The hair remains in this phase for around 4-6 years and a few centimeters of hair grow every 28 days. However, hair on eyebrows, lashes, legs and arms takes less time to grow as compared to scalp hair.
- CatagenThe next phase is catagen that’s a transitional stage. Only 3% of hair remains active in this phase at a given time. In this stage, hair follicles start to shrink and attach to the outer layer of the root, making hair growth slow. It lasts upto 10-20 days and remains during the final period of growing.
- TelogenFinal stage of hair regrowth for men naturally is Telogen. This is the resting phase and lasts upto 100 days of hair on the scalp yet longer for eyebrows, legs and arms hair. The hair remains at complete rest and a club is formed. While plucking the hair scalp hair in this period, leaves white dry material on the scalp.After these 3 stages, hair starts falling out naturally, around 100 telogen hairs shed out everyday. The problem starts when the mark reaches 100 hairs per day.
Geranium Oil Side Effects
When used correctly, geranium oil is considered safe for most people to use. Some people may experience a rash or burning sensation when using it on the skin. Never use any essential oil on skin unless its diluted with a carrier oil.
Small amounts of geranium oil are sometimes added to baked goods, and it is fine to ingest small quantities. The effects of ingesting large quantities of geranium oil are not known.
If you have several weeks to spare, you can make geranium oil at home:
There are many essential oils that contain health benefits that you can try, based on the specific condition you wish to treat. Some essential oils you may wish to try include:
- lavender for depression, anxiety, acne, and skin irritation
- chamomile for sore muscles, pain, and swelling
Also Check: What Causes Hair Thinning And Hair Loss
What Can Help Your Hair Grow
Genetics does play a role in maintaining healthy hair growth. However, several other factors also come into play.
Although theres no magical potion or remedy that will result in instant growth, there are steps you can take to help your hair grow and to prevent breakage.
Lets look at 15 tips that may help your hair grow faster and stronger.
Safflower Oil Is Among The Most Effective Natural Remedies For Hair Loss
Alongside rosemary and jojoba oil, safflower oil strengthens dried follicles and fights dandruff. It will nourish your scalp by deeply penetrating follicles and strengthening cells from within. To use, simply massage along your scalp. Youll notice improved hair growth and shine immediately.
Dont miss these easy homemade face mask recipes that actually work.
Also Check: Is Roman Hair Loss Legit
Natural Remedies For Hair Regrowth In Men
Some of the home remedies that are effective and boost hair regrowth in men are given below –
- MassageMassaging your scalp with oil improves the blood circulation and restores hair growth. Moreover, it boosts hair thickness and scalp health. Giving a 10 minutes dry massage everyday and with oil twice a week helps relieve stress and tension. Massage led scalp stimulation is found to boost hair growth and make hair thick by enhancing blood flow to the follicles.
- Aloe veraAloe vera is used for ages to obstruct hair concerns. It helps to boost the hair regrowth for men naturally and soothes the scalp as well as helps control dandruff and leaves healthy hair. You can use pure aloe vera gel on your scalp and hair every week as a hair mask. Wash off after an hour.
- Onion juiceOnion improves hair growth and blood flow. It assists to increase keratin growth and reduces patchy scalp problems. Blend 1-2 onions and take out its juice, apply to your scalp and hair. Wash off with shampoo after half an hour. Use this remedy once a week. If you have a sensitive nose, then you might want to dilute it with a carrier oil or aloe gel before application.
Note- Patch test is highly recommended before using any of these remedies.
How To Treat Thinning Hair
This article was medically reviewed by Courtney Foster. Courtney Foster is a Licensed Cosmetologist, Certified Hair Loss Practitioner, and Cosmetology Educator based out of New York City. Courtney runs Courtney Foster Beauty, LLC and her work has been featured on The Wendy Williams Show, Good Morning America, The Today Show, The Late Show with David Letterman, and in East/West Magazine. She received her Cosmetology License from the State of New York after training at the Empire Beauty School – Manhattan.There are 8 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. This article received 16 testimonials and 100% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. This article has been viewed 1,569,132 times.
Thinning hair can be caused by a variety of factors, including stress or hormonal issues. If your hair is thinning, do not fret. There are a number of things you can do to treat thinning hair, such as changing your hairstyle, using gentle hair products, and eating more protein and omega-3s.
Also Check: Why Is My Hair Thinning Out
Regrow Thinning Hair With These 5 Effective Methods
At the first sign of hair lossor even before that, if youre proactiveyou should visit your board-certified dermatologist to discuss the latest and most effective retention and prevention tactics.
There are numerous options available to men now, and they each have extremely high success rates. We tapped our network of experts to get their opinions on the most common methods. Before we get into them, heres what some of those board-certified dermatologists have to say about the road ahead.
Protect Your Hair While You Sleep
To help promote healthy hair when youre sleeping, try the following:
- Make sure youre getting enough sleep generally 7 to 9 hours. Not sleeping enough decreases your bodys production of melatonin, a hormone that plays a role in regulating hair growth.
- Use a silk or satin pillowcase to help prevent the friction, tugging, and tangling that can cause hair breakage, especially if you have long hair.
- Dont go to sleep with wet hair. Laying on wet hair can weaken your strands and can lead to breakage or matting.
Recommended Reading: When Does Postpartum Hair Loss Begin
Massage Your Scalp With Warm Jojoba Oil
Whether you struggle with hair loss, thinning hair or not, one of the best things that you can ever do for your hair and scalp is to give yourself weekly scalp massages. Not only do they help to relieve stress, but they can increase blood circulation to your hair follicles, distribute sebum to your hair shaft and strengthen the roots of your hair as well. This is especially the case if you apply a warmed-up oil to your scalp like jojoba oil. Jojoba oil is awesome because it contains palmitic acid and stearic acids that help to reduce dandruff and itchy scalp it deeply conditions your hair without leaving a heavy greasy residue behind its fatty acids work to protect your hair from heat damage, and its an oil that also contains vitamins B and C, along with zinc and copper which can help to strengthen your hair follicles. All you need to do is put 1/4 cup of jojoba oil into the microwave for about 15 seconds and then apply the oil to your hair by using your fingertips to gently massage your scalp for 10 to 15 minutes, 1-2 times a week. If you do this regularly, you should start to see results within 4-6 weeks.
A Natural Hair Loss Treatment That Works
The study gives the exact recipe used by the participants, but I changed it up just a little. Castor oil is really great at thickening and improving hair growth, so I added some of that . I also increased the amount so that it would fit neatly into a 1 oz bottle. You can easily double the recipe though if you find yourself going through it quickly.
I also increased the strength a bit. The original recipe was about a 2.2% total dilution, but the recipe below is at 3%, which is still within a safe range for skin care. If for some reason you find it irritating to your skin, then you can always dilute it to 2%.
You May Like: Can Cosentyx Cause Hair Loss
Top 10 Natural Treatments For Thinning Hair
Men and women of all ages yearn for thicker, fuller hair, especially when thinning hair becomes a visibly noticeable problem. Thankfully, there are natural treatments for thinning hair like balancing hormones, reducing stress, eating a proper diet and more.
The average adult head has about 100,000 to 150,000 hairs and loses around 50 to 100 hairs each day. That may sound like a lot, but its actually completely normal. You might think that losing so many hairs would make your hair look thinner, but thats only if the normal process of new hair growth isnt up to speed. As long as hair regrowth and hair loss are in proper balance, hair thinning isnt a problem, but for a lot of people hair loss is a daily concern. Aside from the less than ideal appearance of thinning hair, there is the greater fear that the thinning will turn into permanent hair loss and baldness.
Can Thinning Hair Grow Back
Thinning hair can grow back depending on what caused it to thin in the first place. Individuals who experience thinning hair due to nutrient deficiencies, stress, pregnancy, and other non-genetic reasons could experience regrowth.
If youre experiencing new hair loss or hair thinning, its best to consult your doctor. Some medical conditions can be associated with thinning hair.
Recommended Reading: Does Nutrafol Work For Hair Loss
What Is Female Pattern Baldness
According to the Indian Journal of Dermatology, female pattern baldness or female pattern hair loss is a medical condition that causes hair loss, hair thinning, and bald spots in females. It is one of the most common causes of hair loss in women. The female pattern baldness affects the hair density on the crown and the frontal hairline.
Older women are more likely to show symptoms of female pattern baldness. However, it can also impact adolescents. Female pattern baldness usually occurs due to an imbalance of androgen and estrogen hormones in the body.
Alopecia and female pattern baldness is often used interchangeably to describe hair loss. The following are the three stages of female pattern baldness:
- Women usually experience hair thinning, especially on their crown, and slight hair loss on their midline parting. It is common in young women.
- In stage II, the midline parting becomes wide and is easily visible. Also, many short and thin hair is visible on the scalp.
- Stage III leads to decreased hair density all over the scalp. In this stage, a large bald spot is visible on the crown. Women usually experience this stage of female pattern baldness after menopause.
How To Use Amla To Prevent Hair Thinning
Whether you eat them, drink them or simply apply them, these foods can do wonders for your hair and the results can be seen so quickly that you wouldn’t want to let go of it!
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
Recommended Reading: How To Halt Hair Loss
How You Protect Your Hair At Night Matters
The same way you protect your hair during the day from damage is the same routine you can use to protect your hair while you sleep. Have you heard of bed hair? With the frequent body toss and turns during sleep, you naturally rub your hair onto the pillowcase. The rubbing of your hair leads to knots and entangled hair during sleep. So, what can you do to prevent damaging your hair at night?
The Power Of Saw Palmetto
Saw Palmetto comes from the fruit of a small palm tree and is regarded as a hair growth wonder herb. Saw palmetto might help to block the activity of 5-alpha reductase , an enzyme that converts testosterone into dihydrotestosterone – a hormone linked to hair loss. DHT is believed to be one of the leading causes of male pattern baldness.
Read Also: How Often Should You Wash Thin Hair
Healthier Natural Hair Treatments
Lately Ive been using this natural shampoo from 100 percent pure brand to help restore the health of my scalp. Most natural shampoos really arent that natural, and they often sneak in some nasty ingredients, but this one meets my stringent standards.
The Morocco method line of hair care is different than traditional shampoo and some find it tricky, but its nourishing and very natural hair care. Ive been wanting to try it, but I havent jumped in yet because its a no-poo method and I dont have the time to play around with it to make it work yet. A lot of people have used it in conjunction with healthy diet changes to really restore the thickness of their hair.