Dont Forget Your Vitamins
And speaking of diet, dont forget about vitamins! One thats particularly important for stopping hair loss is vitamin A. Studies have found that retinoids, which are derived from vitamin A, can increase hair growth and prolong its active growth phase.
There are plenty of foods that are good sources of vitamin A, like leafy greens, carrots, and sweet potatoes, or you can get it in the form of daily supplements of vitamins and minerals. A collagen supplement can also support hair health and growth as a source of amino acids and antioxidant protection.
More Ideas You’ll Love
Use A Shampoo Thats Mild And Suited For Your Hair
The purpose of shampoo is to cleanse your hair of dirt and excess oil. But many commercial shampoos contain harsh ingredients. After just one use, they can strip your hair of the natural oil and fatty acids that make it strong and supple. Read the ingredients of your shampoo and purchase one thats as close to all-natural as possible. Try switching up products if youve been losing excess hair.
Diffuse Thinning In Girls
Depending on the cause, males and females can typically lose their hair in very different ways . As we saw, boys often show their first sign of hair loss at the hairline and temples.
While women can also recede in the temples, their hair loss is more often diffuse. In other words, they retain a relatively intact hairline but thin all over the top of the head. The main sign of this is a wide part.
At first, such thinning can go unnoticed. By the time girls realize that their hair is thinner and the part wider, they might have lost most of the hair on their head. Unlike males, however, it is extremely rare for girls and women to go completely bald.
Recommended Reading: Can Doctors Prescribe Medication For Hair Loss
What Can Stop Hair Loss
Vitamin and minerals deficiencies can weaken the body and impact hair density and condition. The problem of hair loss should be treated as a complex disease find the cause, cure and prevent it. Dietary supplements and vitamins, available in every pharmacy, can help your hair to be in good condition.
It is recommended to eat a healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals as well as beneficial herbs. You can also use home-made masks which can strengthen, nourish and stimulate hair growth. Recently hair oiling has become very popular. This method helps keep your hair moist. There are many medical and natural treatment options which can strengthen your hair and reduce hair loss.
Hair Care And Styling
Another way stress might impact your locks is due to your hair care and styling routines.
Tight hairstyles like buns, ponytails, braids, weaves and extensions can cause repeated stress that can damage hair follicles. Over time, this can lead to a form of hair loss called traction alopecia. Additionally, heat styling and chemical treatments can mess with the balance of your scalps microbiome and impact hair growth and appearance.
Iron Chromium And Copper
Iron, chromium and copper strengthen hair condition and prevent it from falling out. Haemoglobin enhances iron absorption. Iron atom from food binds its haem group to haemoglobin and can bind oxygen in the lungs and transport it through the body. But first iron must be absorbed into the bloodstream. The majority of food contains little iron or it is poorly absorbed. The whole process of iron absorption starts in the stomach where it further penetrates from the intestines to the bloodstream. It is a complicated process which involves various enzymes and vitamins. Calcium and magnesium are minerals which can prevent hair loss. However, it is important to note that both deficiency as well as an excess of vitamins and minerals is harmful.
Medicines And Hair Loss
If you notice excessive hair loss, you should consult a doctor immediately. A specialist will analyse the problems causes and start treatment. Different treatment options can be used depending on the cause. If hair loss results from hormonal imbalance, a patient should undergo special treatment to regulate hormone levels. Deficiencies in nutrients should be supplemented with a balanced diet or medicines. Pharmaceutical companies offer advanced products which stimulate hair growth. An experienced doctor will be responsible in choosing an appropriate product.
Also Check: Does Biosilk Cause Hair Loss
Can I Prevent Hair Loss
Although you can’t reverse natural balding, you can protect hair from damage that may eventually lead to thinning.
Many people put tremendous stress on their hair. Hair dryers, hot curlers, hair dyes, permanents, tight braids, and hair straightening products, and chemical-laden cosmetics may cause dry, brittle, and thinning hair.
To prevent hair damage that may cause hair loss, follow these tips:
- Go natural: Leave your hair its natural color and texture. If that is not an option for you, give hair time to recover between blowouts and chemical treatments. Don’t style your hair with tight braids.
- Choose products wisely: Use a basic shampoo designed for your hair type. When curling your hair, choose less-damaging sponge rollers. Also, brush using a moderately stiff, natural-bristle brush, which is less likely to tear your hair.
- Brush properly: Proper hair brushing can do as much for the condition of your hair as any over-the-counter product. Using a proper brush, apply full strokes from the scalp to the tips of your hair to distribute the hair’s natural oil. Be gentle, and avoid brushing your hair when wet, when it is especially fragile. It is best to use a wide-toothed comb on wet hair.
Is it really possible to prevent going bald if you notice it early enough? Read more about ways to help halt hair loss before it starts.
Noticeable Thinning Of Your Hair
Not all people go bald from their hairline. Some men experience whats called diffuse thinning a type of hair loss that either affects the entire scalp or specific areas like the top of the head resulting in baldness that starts from the back or top, rather than from the hairline.
Just like a receding hairline, the easiest way to spot diffuse thinning is to compare photos from different time periods.
If you notice that your hair looks thinner now than it does in photos taken several years ago, theres a chance that its the result of male pattern baldness.
Since you dont normally take photos from behind you, the easiest way to compare the level of thickness in your hair over time is to take photos every two to three months in your bathroom mirror.
If you notice the hair around your crown thinning every year, its worth taking action to prevent any further loss.
Worried about hair thinning? Here are the signs of hair thinning to look for.
Also Check: Does Vit D Help With Hair Loss
Can I Stop Hair Loss
How do I stop hair loss? is a pretty common question for guys to ask when they notice their thinning hair or a newly receding hairline. The problem is that depending on who you ask , the answer can be different.
Well, youre in luck today, my friend. Because everything you read on Keeps is expert-backed by leading hair loss experts .
Unfortunately, the answer to How do I stop hair loss? isnt an easy yes or no. We know, we knowwe also wish our bodies werent so complex.
So, before we tell you how to stop hair loss, were going to walk through some commonly asked questions to help you better under why its not so simple.
Effective Ways To Stop Hair Loss In Men
Below is the list of effective solutions to help reduce or prevent hair loss:
You May Like: How To Stop Hair Loss Home Remedies
Sleep Well Every Night
Sleeping helps reboot your entire system. Getting 6-7 hours of sleep detoxes and rejuvenates your mind and body, reduces stress, and strengthens the immune system. Lack of adequate sleep can increase cortisol levels, making the hair follicles weak and hence causing hair loss. If you have difficulty sleeping, read a book, or listen to soothing music. Switch off all electronic gadgets and lights before you go to bed.
These are the 20 effective ways to reduce hair fall and stimulate hair growth without burning a hole in your pocket. Take care of your hair regularly, and you will see a difference in its thickness and appearance. However, if the problem persists, the next step is to seek help from a licensed professional. Heres a list of hair fall treatments that are available.
And Here’s What You Can Do To Fix It:
Ok, so now you know what triggering the hair loss, here’s how to deal with it…
Recognise the problem
Hair loss doesn’t happen fast, our strands grow in cycles, which means it can take up to 3 months for hair to fall out after a trigger has caused it. “If you notice excessive daily hair shedding for longer than 3 months, see a trichologist or your GP, there could be an underlying factor that needs to be addressed”, Anabel advises. “Very importantly, try not to panic. Telogen effluvium is almost always self-eliminating and hair will start to grow back as usual once any internal imbalance is put right”.
Change up your diet
1) Get More Protein
“Hair is made of protein, making adequate daily intake of protein rich foods essential. Include at least a palm sized portion of protein at breakfast and lunch .” Anabel recommends.
2) Complex carbohydrates are essential
“They provide our hair with the energy it needs to grow. Snack on a healthy carbohydrates if longer than four hours is left between meals as energy available to hair cells drops after this amount of time.”
That being said, Anabel explained that if you are losing your hair because of something other than diet, like stress or an illness, changing what you eat will not remedy it.
Take a supplement
Anabel recommends looking out for the following ingredients: Iron, Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3, Copper, Zinc, Selenium, and the essential amino acids, L-Lysine and L-Methionine.
Head message = more than self-care
You May Like: How To Know If Hair Is Thinning
Common Causes Of Hair Loss In Women
The root of female hair loss varies from person to person. To understand why you are losing hair, it is best to see your dermatologist or trichologist for a diagnosis. Review the following common causes of thinning hair to see if any of them sound familiar. Here are common causes for thinning hair in females:
What Is The Prognosis/outlook For Women With Hair Loss
Your diagnosis determines the prognosis:
- Anagen and telogen shedding may stop with time.
- Treat any diseases associated with hair loss.
- Disguise or cover your hair loss using a wig or hat.
- Early treatment of alopecia may reduce the speed of thinning and may promote regrowth.
While hair loss is not itself dangerous, women with hair loss tend to be very upset by the changes to their appearance. These negative feelings can affect self-esteem and social lives. Recent studies suggest that FPHL can be associated with conditions that include metabolic syndrome, endocrine disorders and diabetes.
Also Check: Why Do I Have Thinning Hair
What Are The Myths About Hair Loss
Myths about hair loss are widespread. Nothing in the following list is true:
- Youre losing hair because you shampoo it too much, or because youve colored it or gotten a perm.
- Dandruff causes permanent hair loss in women.
- Stress causes permanent hair loss in women.
- If you shave your head, your hair will grow back twice as thick.
- If you stand on your head youll increase circulation, stimulating hair growth.
- If you brush your hair 100 strokes a day that will make your hair healthier.
- Hats and wigs cause hair loss in women.
- Hair loss only affects intellectual women.
Home Remedies For Hair Fall For Men And Women
1. Taoist soap: The process which makes hair fall happen, is inflammation on the scalp. If you stop inflammation, you stop hair loss. The Taoist soap, which you can buy online , can help with hair thinning out and falling in men and women because it works by reducing inflammation in the scalp, and roots of the hair follicles. The hair follicles stop becoming inflamed and can start producing hair again. This soap is designed for scalp and skin, and can make your skin and scalp very healthy, and in turn, hair growth on the scalp is of better quality it is better to use this product in conjunction with a regime .
A good video to show you scalp massage is as follows she also explains further on why scalp massage is so vital to any hair growth regime:
3. Liver Cleanse: This is common in many people over 30 years of age. This is because enough time has passed, where your body has accumulated hormone residue inside the liver, which did not get removed properly. This can be cleaned and taken care of, by taking Stinging Nettle Leaf extract everyday. This is very cheap, and very effective. A bonus will be that this also brightens the skin and complexion in a very healthy and natural way.
Another alternative is to consume chickpeas which are also a good source of protein although this is not ideal, but if you cannot consume beef, this is the only other option.
Recommended Reading: Can Jardiance Cause Hair Loss